Sunday, October 28, 2007

Again with Unilever and Axe

It is a mixed message that Unilever is sending out. With the Dove campaigns for real beauty trying to focus on protecting the young women of the future, why would Unilever carry such an opposite brand like Axe? It just doesn't seem like a good thing to do. They're aiming at two different ends of the sepctrum with these types of advertising. You've got trying to preserve the minds of young women by telling them it's okay to be who you are, no matter what you look like. Then you've got Axe who perpetuates the stereotype of women as sex objects. I don't know. I've already rambled about the whole Axe thing before. I guess I'm just slightly disturbed by Unilever with this. I didn't know that both brands belonged to Unilever until this class.

It's pretty messed up.

No comments: